Original Dalek among iconic sci-fi props for auction
ICONIC items from Doctor Who, Star Trek, Aliens and more will be put under the hammer at the next auction in London
A restored life-size 1960s Dalek from the BBC’s Doctor Who and Bruce Willis ‘costume from the’ 90s sci-fi classic, The Fifth Element is expected to sell for Â£ 30,000- Â£ 50,000 ($ 40,800 – $ 68,000) and Â£ 20,000 – Â£ 30,000 ($ 27,200 – $ 40,800) respectively as part of the Prop Store Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction November 9-11.
Other large lots include sci-fi icon costumes such as the Spock (Leonard Nimoy) Sick Bay costume from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) which is estimated between Â£ 15,000 and Â£ 25,000 (20 $ 400 – 34,000)) and Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) Hero Costume from Terminator Genisys (2015), estimated between Â£ 8,000 – Â£ 12,000 ($ 10,880 – $ 16,320).
Over 1,000 lots of production props, costumes and ephemera will be sold in the Prop Store three-day auction, featuring a collection of movie memorabilia valued at over Â£ 5.5million ($ 7.6million).
Offers can be placed online or by phone from anywhere in the world.
Stephen Lane, CEO of Prop Store, commented on the upcoming auction: âProp Store is very happy to come back with an incredible collection of sci-fi props and costumes. We’ve got something for everyone, from true classics like Doctor Who and Star Trek, to newer gems like Ex Machina and Prometheus.
“These fantastic lots will be sold along with over 1,000 props and costumes during the Prop Store Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction from November 9-11, 2021.”
The Prop Store live auction will include:
- Matching screen-matching large-format ABC warrior robot with illuminated animatronic remote control head from JUDGE DREDD (1995). Estimate of Â£ 50,000 to Â£ 70,000 ($ 68,000 to $ 95,200)
- Prometheus illuminated full bridge set from PROMETHEUS (2012). Estimate Â£ 40,000 – Â£ 60,000 ($ 54,400 – $ 81,600)
- Life-size Shawcraft Dalek restored from DOCTOR WHO: VARIOUS PRODUCTIONS (1960s). Estimate Â£ 30,000 – Â£ 50,000 ($ 40,800 – $ 68,000)
- Helmet of Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) from TRON (1982). Estimate Â£ 30,000 – Â£ 50,000 ($ 40,800 – $ 68,000
- ALIENS M-41A Light Pulse Rifle (1986). Estimate Â£ 20,000 – Â£ 30,000 ($ 27,200 – $ 40,800)
- Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis) costume show from FIFTH ELEMENT (1997). Estimate Â£ 20,000 – Â£ 30,000 ($ 27,200 – $ 40,800)
- Spock (Leonard Nimoy) Infirmary Costume from STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979). Estimate Â£ 15,000 – Â£ 25,000 ($ 20,400 – $ 34,000)
- ARMAGEDDON (1998) Chick (Will Patton) Luminous Hero Space Suit. Estimate Â£ 10,000 – Â£ 15,000 ($ 13,600 – $ 20,400)
- Terminator hero costume (Arnold Schwarzenegger) with silicone head on display mannequin from TERMINATOR GENISYS (2015). Estimate of Â£ 8,000 to Â£ 12,000 ($ 10,880 – $ 16,320)
- Ava (Alicia Vikander) humanoid costume from EX MACHINA (2014). Estimate of Â£ 6,000 to Â£ 8,000 ($ 8,160 to $ 10,880)
Prop Store will be holding a preview exhibit at its Hertfordshire, UK office from October 12 to November 11.
The exhibit will feature more than 120 lots, giving fans the chance to get a close look at the auction’s props and costumes and ask the specialists questions. The exhibition can be visited by appointment only, email [email protected] for details.
Registrations are now open on www.propstore.com/liveauction.